Sarah Scharf is a teacher, mentor, writer and performer.
Her work to empower through yoga and movement more embodied and mindful lives has taken her around the world.
Flow & Restore Yoga is Sarah’s signature yoga style, blending the relaxation of Restorative Yoga with slow and alignment-focused Vinyasa Flow. This style is becoming more popular as our world becomes faster and has taken off in busy cities like London where she created it. Attention to detail and safe alignment are key elements of her teaching, as well as adapting poses for various needs and bringing heartfelt philosophy to each session.
Now based in Vienna, Sarah continues to teach abroad and locally. Her qualifications include: Forest Yoga, Esalen Yoga, Esalen Massage, Pregnancy Yoga, Relax and Renew™ Advanced Level Trainer, Yoga Alliance CE provider. She holds trainings for Restorative Yoga and the Art of Voice and performance skills to enhance communication. She enjoys mentoring new teachers and leading international retreats and workshops. Sarah is inspired by Pema Chodron and her main teacher Judith Hanson Lasater, whom she works with as a Senior Assistant.
Currently Sarah is writing her first book, on vocal presence and communication skills for yoga teachers.
She holds a BA in Dramatic Arts from UCSB and an MFA in Physical Devised Theater from Naropa University.
- Listed in Top 6 Yoga Teachers in London
- Partnered with Yoga Matters to start a Restorative Yoga zone at the OM Yoga Conference
- Regular contributor to Omexchange blog
- Ambassador to Jade Yoga Mats and Wellicious Clothing
- Guest Teacher with Lululemon
- Nike Yoga Teacher
- Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) yoga instructor
- The Young Vic workshop leader “Yoga for Directors and Creativity”
- Soho Theatre movement director/choreographer
- Triyoga London Teacher
- The Life Centre London Senior Teacher
- Yogacampus Mentor, Final Paper Grader
- Yogacampus Lecturer
- Yoga Magazine Teacher of the Month
Read more about Sarah: Teaching People not Poses